Appeal to the CIIRC Staff
Please come to the meeting with the Rector doc. V. Petráček, on Friday June 8, 2018, at 01:30 p.m. to the Red lecture hall, CIIRC JP:B.246.
We have a fundamental question to the discussion:
Does the Rector REVOKE HIS DECISION ON DISMISSAL OF PROF. MAŘÍK FROM THE FUNCTION OF THE CIIRC CTU DIRECTOR
YES / NO?
If there is NO answer or any kind of hesitation, we will immediately publicly protest in front of the Building A.
We are clear!
We want director Mařík back!
- In the email to the CIIRC staff, the Rector expressed support for CIIRC to enable us to “operate in a stable and flourishing way”. So far, CIIRC has flourished and has been stable thanks to Prof. Mařík since its very beginning. Prof. Marik has professionally developed, led, supported, and defended CIIRC with his full personal commitment, despite the obstacles that were often posed on him from many sides. The Rector destabilized CIIRC with his act of dismissal and put CIIRC into uncertainty.
- The Rector has attempted to influence independent media and violated in a cruel manner the Code of Conduct by imposing not realizable task on Prof. Mařík.
- The Rector did not keep the word. The Rector promised in the presence of the chairman of the Academic Senate CTU (AS CTU) and representatives of the CIIRC, to issue an official declaration by June 6, 2018, either that he insists on his statement of June 4, 2018, dismissing the Director of CIIRC, or that he revokes it. Contrary to his explicit promise, he has not done it so far yet.
- The Rector proposes to employees to jointly identify and solve problems.The fundamental problem is that he recalled a competent and reputable director of a well-functioning institution without prior notice neither to AS CTU nor CIIRC Assembly. The impacts of this action are serious and cause irreparable damages to CIIRC and CTU.
- The Rector looks forward to the cooperation that will lead to improving position of the CIIRC. The position of the Institute was good thanks to Prof. Mařík. Within a short period of five years, he managed to gain a worldwide recognition for an entirely new institution, which can be an excellent example for institutions or faculties even of many decades older.
“So, Mr. Rector, what do you want to actually discuss?”